Sunday, July 27, 2008

Can Time Apart Strenghten a Relationship?

This weekend Chris and I went our separate ways. I hit the road for a girls trip to Huntsville, Alabama while Chris went rafting with his friends and the church youth group. During my trip, the girls and I enjoyed shopping, exploring the Space Center, and lounging by the pool. We shared many stories and laughs. Chris spent the weekend throwing himself down rapids and chaperoning the youth boys. Apart we each had a terrific weekend. We got to spend time with our friends and have a little adventure.

Once we got home, we were excited to see each other and spill the beans about all that had happened while we were our separate ways. It made for a great conversation and we reconnected with each other. I am always amazed at how much I want to talk to Chris when we are not together. I want him to know about all the great things I did and I want to know what he is up to. They say to marry someone you truly enjoy talking to because later in life all the sexual connection will go away and what will be left is a great friend. Chris is a great friend, he is my best friend.

So I guess what I am trying to say is spend some time apart because it makes you appreciate their presences.

No comments: